GOTLAND CHAIRMANSHIP PROGRAMME 2005
The main focus for the Gotland chairmanship program 2005 is regional development and the view of the Baltic Sea area as a region with growth possibilities. The program is based around different themes and the methods will vary from conferences and lobby work to projects and exchanges.
• Developing strengths through education
• Regional Development in the BSR
• Promoting youth and culture
• Benefiting from political strengths and partnerships
• Jan Lundgren – The County Mayor of Gotland
• Claes Kullberg – B7 Board Chairperson
• Hanna Waluszewski – Secretariat 2005
• Anne Ståhl Mousa – People to People Workgroup
• Arne Grau-Amnér – People to People Workgroup
• Ulla Pettersson – Culture and Leisure
• Henry Henziger – Economy
• Lena Johansson – Regional Development
B7 CALENDAR 2005 POLITICAL FOCUS
• Meeting the new MEPs in Brussels March 15-16
B7 Islands’ political leaders meet MEP's to promote the islands and island issues.
• Development Conference Gotland Dec 1- 2
What kind of development do we need for our islands and how will it be delivered?
CONFERENCES & EVENTS:
• Tallinn - Estonia developing as an EU member Jan 18
How is Estonia progressing as a member of the EU?
• Education Conference on Gotland June 9-11
How can a peripheral region use education to develop clusters of competence and be a driving force in job
• Youth Camp on Gotland Aug week 32
Bringing together the youth of the islands.
• Board meeting in Gdansk Sept 8-9
How can the B7 gain a better perspective of the whole Baltic Sea region?
B7 MEETINGS BOARD
20 January, Tallinn, Estonia (Event letter no 1)
14 March, Brussels, Belgium (Event letter no 2)
9 June, Visby, Sweden (Event letter no 3)
8 September, Gdansk, Poland
31 November, Visby, Sweden
16 March, Brussels, Belgium
2 December, Visby, Sweden
PEOPLE TO PEOPLE WORKGROUP
5 February, Tallinn, Estonia
14-15 April, Visby, Sweden
26 January, Malmö, Sweden